Hey beautiful people!! I've been thinking about it for a while and finally I've done it -- I've created a personal blog which will follow me on my journey to health!
I have a Sparkpeople.com account also which is my staple tool for losing weight and seeking weight loss and fitness advice and information. Check it out if you get a chance, it's where I track my food and I've met some of the most AWESOME people there.
Just a few bits of information about me. That's me in the picture on the left now at my current weight. I'm 25 years old and I currently work as a consumer affairs specialist. It's pretty much just a paycheck for me because it's something that I don't plan to do long term. If any of you have worked customer service, u know what I'm talking about! I have a degree in Business management and marketing and am thinking about going back to school to study fashion merchandising management. I love fashion but I would need a whole other blog to talk about that. :)
Anyway, back to weight loss. My heaviest weight was 250 lbs in 2007. I felt horrible, hated mirrors, hated myself. In 2008-2009 I dropped about 35 lbs by crash dieting and working out like a mad woman and though I did it the wrong way, I finally began to love the way I looked. Eventually I gained the weight back and got back up to my recent heaviest weight of 242 back in August of 2011. I have lost about 10 lbs since then but I have a long way to go. My eating habits are POOR to put it lightly and I lose motivation very easily. This journey will not only be physical but mental as well.
I am currently doing the "9 week" couch to 5k program which is awesome. I'm about to do week 4 for the second week because I don't feel comfortable yet so I already know that this program is going to be longer than 9 weeks for me and I'm quite content with that. I just got a pair of Nike Zoom Structure Triax +15 black and pink running shoes and I can't wait to put them to work! Based on a lot of research I've done, these shoes are awesome for people with flat feet as well as for people who are over pronators which I am. I haven't worked out in them yet but they are sooo comfortable. They cost me $100 bucks so I'm hoping and praying that I get my money's worth because that was definitely a huge sacrifice.
I'm hoping that this blog will give me the accountability that I need.
My weekly plan is to get at least 6 days of cardio in, 3 of those days include running , 60 mins of strength training, and the other days will be classes and the elliptical. I plan on blogging every day or every other day to keep me accountable and so that I can document my progress, victories, and hopefully inspire someone along the way!
Hey there! You know I'm rooting for you! :-)
ReplyDelete