Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thanks Billy Blanks!!


So this morning I woke up early because I had to bake cookies for a bake sale that we are having at my church and all I could think over and over was, "Kacy you HAVE TO work out before you go to church because when you get home, you're going to eat dinner and not want to work out after that." So I decided that because there is snow on the ground outside, I was not going to move my car so the gym was not an option. I am sooo over snow.

...So instead, I popped in my handy dandy Billy's Boot Camp Basic Training DVD. It's 60 minutes of MADNESS. There's an awesome 10 minute stretch. There's squats, kicking, boxing, resistance training, jumping - you name it, this DVD has it! I was kinda sad because I could only find one of my resistance bands (gotta look for that) but instead I used my 5 lb weights. I got an intense workout in and I feel great about starting my week off right. (oh and excuse the pic on the right! That's right after my workout)

My eating hasn't been too clean today but the weekends are usually the most challenging days. That's a work in progress too. Either way, tomorrow is a new day. I'm going to start making a fruit and veggie smoothie for breakfast to refuel from my morning workout and to also make sure that I get my appropriate servings in because juicing it is probably the only way that I'll get it in. I also plan to repeat day 1 of week 4 of couch to 5k tomorrow. It's about 30 mins long so I'll do 20 minutes of strength training afterwards! I may even do an evening class at the gym after work. I'll keep you posted!



Oh and can i TELL you! I had my new sneakers on and my feet felt wonderful, no pains at all. I look forward to running in them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment