So yesterday I didn't make it to the gym. Boo! Weather was too bad and got the best of me.
This morning, however I went to the gym bright and early and hopped straight on the treadmill and did week 4 day 1 of c25k again! It wasn't as hard this time but I did have to walk a little longer than the allotted time but oh well. I finished and it felt AMAZING! It was my first time running in my new kicks too so that seemed to help. Also my focus was on my stride. I read an article on active.com that showed the correct body formation and how your feet should be landing flat and not heel to toe which is what I always thought.
After that run, I went into the strength training part of the gym and worked my arms, shoulders, chest, and back for 20 minutes. It had been sooo long since I've been in that part of the gym lol felt good to be home :)
So this seems like a good enough work out for one day right? WRONG! I wanted MORE. So I went to the gym by my job after work to take the 6:30 kickboxing class and boy was it intense. It was 50 minutes of pure pain lol I promise you after the first 10 minutes, I wanted to walk out but because I chose a spot close to the front, it would be too obvious...PLUS im NOT a quitter. My feet for whatever reason began to hurt for about the first 20 minutes. It was so painful but I'm proud of myself for sticking it through. My body is crying though so I think tomorrow is going to have to be a rest day. I'll play it by ear. Oh and I stayed in my calorie range. (Go me! Go me!)
Anyhow, I call today a success and I look forward to tomorrow!
GO CHICA! I LOVE Boxing/kickboxing!
ReplyDelete